Tuesday, November 8, 2011

No Movie for Number 26 or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love 10,000 Views

Well, I made it from zero to 25 without having to skip a number, but I’m going to have to do it with number 26.  I have seen no movies with a “26” or variations thereof in the title, let alone one good enough to recommend.

I identified two movies I might have liked had I been able to watch them – a 2007 Japanese/Korean film whose title is 26 Years Diary and a 1988 French musical titled Trois places pour le 26.  Neither of them is available via Netflix or Amazon.  The first has only 50 votes on IMDB and the latter has a whopping 142, so I don’t think too many other people have seen them, either.  If anyone has seen one or both, please let me know by leaving a comment here.  I’m interested in your opinion on them.

If I ever get a chance to see one, or if a new movie with a 26 in the title comes out that I like, then I will replace this post with my recommendation for it.  Until then I have to move on to the number 27, for which I have seen two movies, one not that great and one that was just okay.  It looks like I’m going to have another marginal recommendation like I did with 23.

On the plus side, this site passed 10,000 views last night.  That’s not much compared to some other sites, but it’s a lot for me.  Considering this is four times the number of views I had in the first six months of the blog, the last five months have really taken off.  It paid to become a LAMB a few months ago.  Here are a few stats:

Most viewed humor post (946):  Look-alike Celebrities
Most viewed hiking post (208):   Mount Battie and Megunticook Mountain
Most viewed movie post (131):    Captain America: The First Avenger
Most viewed book post:                Unknown

The U.S. is still far and away where the most visitors come from, followed by The U.K., Canada, Australia, and Germany rounding out the Top 5.

[Note – you can see all the Movies by Numbers, as well as get some hints on what’s to come, at this link.]

No comments:

Post a Comment