Sunday, June 10, 2012

Movies Where Charlize Theron Does Not Get Naked

“You better not be thinking what I think you’re thinking ‘cause my answer is the same as always.  No threesomes unless they’re boy-boy-girl…or Charlize Theron.” – Harmony Kendall to Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show

The title of this category probably brings one of two questions to your mind:

1.  Why watch one of her movies if she doesn’t get naked?
2.  There have actually been Charlize Theron movies where she doesn’t get naked?

I just watched both Prometheus and Snow White and the Huntsman.  Prometheus makes the cut as a movie I would recommend, but not Snow White.  If you would like to see my thoughts on the latter, you can read them here.

This category does mean that I will have to exclude what is definitely her best performance in 2003’s Monster, for which she took home the Oscar.  By the way, if you want to win an easy bet then challenge a “movie person” to name the only African actress to win an Oscar.  Theron, not being black, is overlooked by most people.

This category also means some decent movies like 2 Days in the Valley, The Cider House Rules, and The Burning Plain will also need to be skipped.  I’m still left with enough movies I can recommend.  Even for most of these her character is naked at some point, but the movie watcher doesn’t actually see anything, so they don’t count as being nude scenes.  The first movie up will be Prometheus.

As I post the reviews, I will come back and post the links to them here:

On to the reviews…

8 comments:

  1. Would Young Adult count as movies where Charlize doesn't get naked since she doesn't really show anything?

    I know there's been some like The Italian Job, That Thing You Do!, and North Country. She's someone who is definitely sexy yet can back it up with her acting skills. She needs to be in some comedies. She's just flat-out hilarious in those Funny or Die clips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Remember, TMZ will show your naughty bits."

      Yes, Young Adult counts as non-nude. It will be coming up next. I thought about That Thing You Do, but her part was so small that I decided against it. I haven't seen North Country. The Italian Job will be coming.

      Delete
    2. Her part in the expanded version of That Thing You Do! is expanded a bit though I felt the theatrical version is still the better film.

      Delete
    3. I never even knew there was an expanded version of that film. Thanks for the info.

      Delete
  2. I don't think she is naked in Life and Death of Peter Sells and In the Valley of Elah. Damn shame she isn't, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen either of those films, so I do not know for sure. I don't think they were listed on cndb.com when I was doublechecking the films I was thinking about including.

      Delete
    2. You should check out both, Charlize is only in "L&D of Peter Sellers" for about 15 minutes, but my God, this is the most gorgeous she's ever been.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the tips. I appreciate them.

      Delete